Thursday, March 18, 2010

I want LSD.

LSD, you know Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds AKA Lysergic Acid Diethylamide. Has any one ever wanted a hallucinogenic purely because everything around them was boring to the point that you need drugs to stimulate your limbic system and over excite your dopaminergic neurons just so you can feel something slightly different and exciting.

And then a question presented itself in my mind: Is this how people get into drugs? Because they got really impossibly bored with their own lives? I wonder.
Sad times for humanity.

I was bored not because I had nothing to do, I had plenty to do, but nothing stimulated my interest any more. I had drawn a blank. Everything just seems so blah and tiresome- Anyway back to the point, so drugees of the world? Were you all just bored?

Hmmmm, maybe someday they will find a gene that says you predispositioned to be a drugee. What? There is a god gene or have you not heard? Keep up with your science.

3 comments:

  1. I think very few people get into drugs with the idea that they're going to get an addiction. Someone told them it was fun; They saw other people doing it and having fun; They want to fit in with a group who do it and so it goes..

    I want to try drugs, but fun drugs, like shrooms or LSD. I'm curious about the idea of not being in control of your own body.




    I love Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sure people who have gotten into drugs recently will love using your rationale.. it sounds better than my friends said i'm not cool, and i really wanna be cool..

    not to sound too fluffy and cliched, but there are a few addictions that can help overcome boredom, like sports and reading or just plain old blogging ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Is this how people get into drugs? Because they got really impossibly bored with their own lives? "

    Yes it is. For some it might be an escape from horrible horrible life, but mostly its just the boredom. Sigh. Do let me know when you find Lucy. We'll go tripping together. :D

    ReplyDelete