Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ahhh! To be young and stupidly, ridiculously, helplessly in love, or confused, whichever,


Has anyone noticed that all the Disney princess find their princes when they were 16, honestly they were all 16.

I guess our ship has sailed, ey?

I guess its that “we believe in everything pure” age, isn’t it? Kind of? Its that age where your in the inbetween, when your halfway grown up but not quite, when you still see the best in everything without having to try. It’s the age when your holding on to the last scraps of truth you think you have, you believe in love most importantly you believe that love can in fact conquer all, and with that believe you conquer all. All it really takes is this unwavering resilient belief in the devine and then everything else follows, or you will force it to follow with pure belief.

Those 16 year olds don’t really think about the future, they don’t think love will fail them, their not really afraid of getting hurt cause they’ve never really experienced heart break. Whats money, financial security, family issues? Its a lot to us but not much to them, they’ve never been poor or close to poor.

Stupid 16 year-olds and their stupid strong spirited uncrushed nature. Having lasting love lives, well most of you anyway…

I swear I have like 3 friends that I can remember off the top of my head that met their better half around the age of 16, and guess what, were all 20 now and they are still together MASHALLAH.

Maybe we should start thinking like foolish 16 year olds? Just a thought.



Oh yes, and a very happy new year to everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Man, I was an idiot when I was 16, most 16 year olds are probably idiots too. Fortunately everyone (most people) grow up and reflect on how stupid they were and learn from it.

    I think mostly those people liked each other because they have a connection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i look back at the crushes i had when i was 16 and think, how the hell was i attracted to that person..

    i generally don't like generalizing when it comes to these matters, because there is no defined rule...

    it is absolutely right to think like a grown-up and ask all those questions, but also sometimes over thinking can lead to missed opportunities..

    is equilibrium an impossible dream?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charade-
    Perhaps. We were all idiots at 16, fun idiotic times though!

    Frogman!
    I missed you! Sorry for not blogging so much..
    Equilibrium is the most difficult thing to obtain, to know your limits and learn how to get just the right amount from everything.. very tricky stuff I tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roe my dear.. I'm very flattered that you have missed me, and rest assured that you have been missed just as much..

    I feel weird that you felt like you had to apologize to me for not blogging.. but worry not, we all go through a non-blogging phase, and many do not return from it..

    lets just hope you aren't within the latter group..

    ReplyDelete