Friday, January 16, 2009

On Politics?

I don’t like to speak of politics, because I do not fully understand it, I am ashamed to say I am quite ignorant when it comes to politics, I don’t want to say anything or base an opinion because I cannot do that without first understanding it fully then I would be able to judge it. But it seems the world thinks differently, people only know little and yet they scream murder at whoever they deem as evil, they ignore the call of the weak, they believe whatever they are told, they do not bother to question: What? How? Why?
That of course is ignorance. I suffer from it too, but at the very least I admit I do and I don’t go around accusing people of certain things. While I was wasting much time procrastinating on facebook, I came across this horrible group that aided Israel against Palestine, or should I say Gazza, since one member so rudely said:
“what is Palestine? It doesn’t exist you idiot… it’s like oz.”
Clearly this person is an idiot of sorts, because Israel was only founded in 1948, what pray tell existed before that? This of course is an example of history somehow seems to turn to legend. Anyway, I joined this group and wrote on their wall, I was not mean and I did not shout insults (even though this lot needed someone to not only shout insults but slap them) I wanted them to brush up on their history since they clearly needed it, I wrote:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jan/07/gaza-israel-palestine
He’s one of your own. Read it.

Five minutes later I discover my post has been deleted, not only are these people ignorant they also refuse to be educated, which is way worse if you ask me! And as I looked through this group I also noticed the things they said about muslims not respecting their own religion, their own beliefs. That just made me ashamed of myself, for it is true, and I’ve seen it.

I don’t wish to call the Israelis names, swear at them or curse them. Because simply, our religion taught us better and we should know better, we have no one to blame but ourselves for what is going on in Gazza. Don’t tell me I cannot do anything, you can be a better Muslim, you can show the world how we truly are and that we respect others, we respect ourselves, we respect our religion.

3 comments:

  1. i agree with you hun..but sometimes people are just ignorant and stuck in their foolish views..they wont budge at all no matter what facts you throw at them..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not a single incident. Various Israeli officials have said so before. In my opinion, denying the Palestinian existence should be considered a crime, just like denying the holocaust.

    ReplyDelete