Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"I cannot live through you again."

I close my eyes, searching for a vision of faith,
And I can see you there, with eyes like a dying star,
Trapping me in their beauty,

and I lose myself
All over again,
I lose myself, in you
I lose my soul to you
You move through me, a stormy night, raging within me.
Whisper in your ear as you reign over me,
“I cannot live through you again.”

I open my eyes,
to a dull reality where you are dead and I am dying
Everything is lost, within their hopes
Nothing left but the burning green sun,
The purple sky
The grey earth

And, desperately, we hold on to pieces of ourselves
Even as the pieces dig into our skin,
Even as our soul begins to bleed.

---
These days I dont really like the person I'm turning into. Parts of me are well... decaying.

3 comments:

  1. its a very normal feeling.. we all have it at one point in our life.. its not a bad thing as long as you hold on to the important parts of you.. and replaced what has decayed with something better..

    a chance to re-invent yourself comes very seldom in life.. embrace it..

    very very nice writing by the way :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. is this yours?
    your an amazing writer.

    ReplyDelete