Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Potter fan all the way baby! Twiligh, shwilight!

"You are the true master of death, because the true master does not seek to run away from death. He accepts that he must die and understands that there are far, far worse things in the living world than dying." - Dumbledore to Harry

I bet you, in all four books of twilight that you will not find a sentence with such wisdom and beauty. The potter books are not only well written, but there is true genius in them! How the whole story fits so perfectly together, how the mystery just unravels itself within the pages, is just simple pure genius.

The complex story of Harry Potters life, and how he came to be what he is, how he destroyed his mortal enemy, is just so amazing that even if I read the book 1000 times I will still feel the amazement I felt the first time I read it. The story doesn’t only show how courage can overcome all things, how with sheer will you can defeat anything but it also shows how love can indeed conquer all. It shows love as a form of magic that is the highest level of power, that which no one can destroy. A force that is powerful enough to protect you from anything that means you harm.

"Is it love again?" said Voldemort, his snake face jeering. "Dumbledore's favorite solution, love, which he claimed conquered death...."

Harry escapes Lord Voldemort when he was just a baby, the killing curse which was meant to kill the infant Harry backfired and killed Voldemort instead. In one of the books, Dumbledore explains this, he says that because Harry's mother loved him so much that she gave his life to protect him, Voldemort could not touch harry as long as Lily's blood was in his veins. He then goes on to say that it is the most ancient kind of magic.

Love is one important topic J.K Rowling highlights in the book, another is racism. Yes, the book talks about racism within the magical community, where there are “pure-bloods” and “mud-bloods” it shows how there is discrimination between the two. To all you non-potter readers let me explain, one is considered a “pure-blood” if one comes from a long line of witches and wizards a “mud-blood” is a person who has no magical ancestry but somehow does have magic in their blood or someone who is half and half (meaning one parent only has magical abilities).
Here is a simple quote by (of course non other than my favorite wizard) Albus Dumbledore:

“You place too much importance... on the so-called purity of blood! You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be!”

To say that Twilight, is a much better book that Harry Potter, is just offensive and ignorant. Not only did J.K Rowling manage to create a world of her own, that also fits with reality but she also gave us all a lesson about, courage to do the right thing even if it means dying, loyalty to stand by your friends and to what you believe in, and in love.

Now, it is my belief that the best parent is a book, the harry potter books are the best education in life one can give a child.

I will leave you with a few quotes from the books:

Albus Dumbledore
“Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.”
“It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.”
“Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right, and what is easy”

Sirius Black

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals”

"Kreacher is cleaning," the elf repeated. "Kreacher lives to serve the noble house of Black--" "
--and it's getting blacker every day, it's filthy," said Sirius.

Fred and George Weasley (My favorite characters, they make me laugh so much!)

"So top grade's O for 'Outstanding,'" she [Hermione] was saying, "and then there's A-"
"No, E," George corrected her, "E for 'Exceeds Expectations.' And I've always thought Fred and I should've got E in everything, because we exceeded expectations just by turning up for the exams."
"You're a prefect? Oh Ronnie! That's everyone in the family!" [Molly Weasley]
"What are Fred and I? Next door neighbours?!"

P.S;
This ones for Taq ;)

3 comments:

  1. "Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."

    yloomooni feeki y5ti! <3 <3

    Harry Potter has been such a huge part of my teenage years (and adulthood! lol) I have so many fond memories involving it. My friends and I would sit around for hours at a time, trying to think up what would happen or who would die in coming books and I would spend hours on HP fan websites reading through other people's theories of whta would happen, only to have my mind blown when the book would finally come out, and JK had delivered to us again something completely unexpected<3 ~Le sigh.
    I'm so happy to be apart of the Harry Potter generation =]

    And oh my gosh yes.
    The best gift my mother has given me (other than life of course :p lol) is the day she decided to buy me my first HP book. I still remember that day...My mom regretted it later seeing how obsessed I became, LOL :p

    If I ever have kids, I will buy them the HP books set. I hope they love it just as much as I do...I'll be heart broken if they don't :/ lol


    To conclude, there too many things that I love about this post and I could go on and on forever so I will stop now :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD
    I LOVE YOUR POST

    it felt like you werre inside my head and writing every single thought about HP and Twilight I LOVE YOU :p

    i'm a HUGE HUGE Harry Potter fanatic i love the books beyond anything reasonable lol i'm obssesed with the books, the characters, the plot and theories about them.

    i feel exactly the same way about the books, i wrote more than one paper and research about HP in any possible theory you could think of. racism, marxism, historical, psychological, feminism...i can go on for ever

    i feel like if i talk now my words would be a copy of what you just wrote.

    i always tell people who refuse to read the books just because they saw the movies and either liked them or not, that they are missing out A LOT by not reading the books, i swear to god i read them more the a million times and i still enjoy every single word and always find amazing stuff to discuss and argue. reading the HP books is a forever lasting enjoyment.

    a kid can read them and say that they are the best kids books he ever read, and an adult can read them and think that they are nothing close to kids book. JKR created the winning formula with these books, every one can read them in more than one way and can still relate to them in more than one ways too.

    believe me you don't want me to start about HP cause i'll NEVER EVER stop talking/writing and arguing lol this is maybe why i hardly ever post about HP in my blog because i know i'll never stop till i turn it into a strictly HP blog ;p

    thanks a lot for this amazing lovely refreshing post :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read the Potter books and the first installment of Twilight...and in my opinion, it's really unfair to compare the two, because frankly they are of two different genres. Potter is more fantasy...Twlight more of a love story than anything else...And I enjoyed both to be honest...but I really don't think it's right for people to be saying stuff like "Twilight is the new Potter" or "Potter is the best...Twilight my ass!"...They are two different books...and it's great that you get to enjoy both...if you allow yourself the privelige of diversity.
    Great post though :)

    ReplyDelete