Saturday, January 3, 2009

Desert

Her bare feet burned footsteps into the white sand. There she goes, marking the world with her presence. Her eyes wander her raging orange skies, the dust manifests into some imitation of life, and it rises before her. A faint smile plays on her lips as the particles of dust scratch her face and irritate her skin, scraping the surface, merely scraping the surface.

She continued walking through the great dunes of sand, lost in her desert of loneliness, passersby in caravans did not stop and the hooded lean figures ridding beautiful Arabian horses rushed past her, through her, like she did not even exist.
She lives in this desert she created around herself, she loves this desert where she is alone with herself, and despite its burning sun and its sand storms… it is hers.

Do you have a desert?

5 comments:

  1. I don't have one - but I want one.
    And this was beautiful and I love the way you write.

    Bye :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also the nick name

    I'm in love :| <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice piece.
    Keep writing.
    And yes, I sure do have a desert of my own.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taq-
    Thank you :)
    Hehe, im glad you like the nickname!

    F.-
    I'm glad you thought so!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Tom Baker voice* I had a desert once... but I exchanged it for a Bounty bar! :p

    keep up the good vork! ;)

    ReplyDelete